Councillor Norman Davis
It is with deep sadness that we announce the death of Councillor Norman Davis, on Thursday 4 January 2018.
Councillor Davis served on the Council since 2006 and fulfilled the roles of Lead Councillor for Planning and Rights of Way. He was instrumental in successfully campaigning for dropped kerbs in the village to improve access for disability scooter and pushchair users. His most recent nomination was as the Council’s representative on the Church Piece Charity.
He made a valuable contribution to life in his community and the Parish Council. He was a true, honest gentleman and an inspiration to us all.
Councillor Davis will be sorely missed, and our thoughts and sincere condolences go to his wife Carol, family and friends.
The Council welcome Oliver Grimes who was co-opted as a new Parish Councillor at the meeting on 10-Jan-2018.
17/11955/FUL – Cherry Tree House, Seagry Road, SN15 4RX – Two storey extension to replace current garage. Single storey extension to rear. An outbuilding will accommodate a new double garage and gym with a first-floor office space – Object.
Expenditure was approved for:
- Community Grant for the VHMC at £500 for a Community Cinema
- Support was given for an application by the School for an advisory, part time 20mph speed limit on the B4069 High Street with a potential cost of £1,500.00, being a 25% contribution to Wiltshire Council’s cost of works
- Support was given for an application by the School for keep clear and parking restrictions road markings on Chestnut Road with a potential cost of £500.00, being a 25% contribution to Wiltshire Council’s cost of works.
- The Draft Budget (v1.3) for 2018-19 was approved, subject to agreed amendments discussed at the meeting
- The Council identified an increase in the financial commitment to grounds maintenance within the village and so it was agreed to a 2% increase on the Precept to £21.11 per household, giving the Parish Council a total Precept of £11,453.02 for 2018-19.
The Parish Steward will next be in the village on 12/13 February 2018 – please report any issues to Cllr Phil Jones or the Parish Clerk.
A350 to J17, M4 15-Jan to 8-Feb 2018 will be closed in 2 Phases between 20.00 and 06.00 on weeknights for Wilts Council to undertake works for A350/M4 improvements.
Church Piece Charity
Cllr K Pound was appointed as the Councils nominated trustee on the Church Piece Charity.
Great British Spring Clean 2-4 March 18
Cllr Ben Carter will be co-ordinating this event. If you would like to get involved, please contact him at email@example.com. Details will also be available on the website.
Parish Councillor Vacancies
We have 3 Vacancies on the Parish Council. To be an effective Council and to properly represent the whole Community we really need to fill these vacancies – if you are aged 18+, on the Electoral Register for the Parish and would be interested in joining the team please contact the Clerk.
Next Parish Council Meeting
The next Parish Council meeting will be on Wednesday 14 February 2018 in the Village Hall, commencing at 7.45pm.