Update From Sutton Benger Parish Council Meeting on 11 January 2017
Consideration was given to 3 planning applications:
- 16/11427/FUL – Land adj. to Sharplands, Sutton Lane, SN15 4RF – Proposed development of fourteen new houses – Object
- 16/11429/FUL – 1 Willowbrook End, SN15 4SW – Replace outbuilding with rear extension – No Objections
- 16/11618/FUL – 2 Box Cottages, High Street, SN15 4RD – Amendments to approved application 15/01417/FUL – Object
The PC were happy to approve applications for Community Grants from:
- Sutton Benger Cricket Club – £500 towards the cost of installing new nets. (A further £500 was also approved from the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) funds)
- Sutton Benger Over 60s Club – £500 towards the cost of a new carpet bowls mat.
Precept for 2017-18
The PC receives is funding from a Precept – this is the parish council’s share of the council tax. A small increase of 2% was agreed, in line with inflation, to £20.70 per household (an increase of 41p). The additional funds will go towards a bigger pot of money for Community Grants and maintenance of grassed areas no longer being cut by Wilts Council.
B4069 – Are you fed up with the state of the High Street?
The Parish Council have requested, many times, that Wiltshire Council Highways resurface the B4069 as it is in such a dangerous condition – only to be told that it “is not in the top 2% of the worst roads in the County”!
The numerous potholes, broken road surface and loose gravel/tarmac pose a serious danger to motorists, cyclists and pedestrians – it is only a matter of time before a serious incident occurs.
To help expedite the resurfacing of the B4069 we would urge you to report issues to Wiltshire Council by any/all of the following methods:
- The MyWiltshire app on your smartphone (available to download at both the App Store (for iPhones and iPads) and from Google Play™ (for Android phones)).
- Tel: 0300 456 0105
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.wiltshire.gov.uk/parkingtransportandstreets/roadshighwaysstreetcare/mywiltshireregister.htm
Next Parish Council Meeting
The date of the next Parish Council Meeting is Wednesday 8th February 2017 in the Village Hall, starting at 7.45 pm.
There is currently 1 vacancy for Parish Councillor. Please contact Linda Bragg, Parish Clerk on 07757 351584 / email: email@example.com for further details and an Application Form if you would like to join our team.