Notes from the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council (PC) held on Wednesday 11th May.
Six Councillors, the Parish Clerk and 2 members of the public attended the meeting.
Cllr E Pope was re-elected as Chairman and Cllr K Smedley as Vice-Chair.
- Annual Maintenance of the additional Gossip Area, adj. to 1 Queens Close, to include grass cutting and strimming was approved for 2016-17
- The outstanding Community Grant of £500 from 2015-16 was approved for payment to the PCC for maintenance of the churchyard
- Approval was given for a contribution of £1,000 to the maintenance of the churchyard from the 2016-17 budget
Consideration was given to 3 planning applications:
- 16/03301/TCA: Gate Cottage, High Street, SN15 4RE – No Objections
- 16/03211/FUL: Old Post Office, 26 High Street – Support
- 16/03977/TCA: 11 Chestnut Road, SN15 4RP – No Objections
Community Emergency Plan
Cllrs E Pope and H Parry-Jones agreed to complete Wiltshire Council’s Community Emergency Plan.
Highways and Transport
Following no response to Cllr P Jones’s repeated requests for information on the re-surfacing of the High Street, the Clerk was asked to draft a letter to the Associate Director of Highways and Transport.
Crossing on the High Street – Cllr P Jones measured the visibility along the High Street to identify a possible site for a High Street crossing at the Seagry Road junction. It is planned to carry out our own informal pedestrian count to assess feasibility.
Flowerbed on the High Street – Wiltshire Council have advised that, as the flowerbed is “entirely within the adopted Highway”, it is not possible to complete a Community Asset Transfer. The Clerk was asked to draft a letter to the Highways Dept. requesting urgent repairs to the dry stone wall.
20mph Chestnut Road – the Speedwatch group have been asked to include this in their scheme.
Next Parish Council Meeting
The date of the next Parish Council Meeting is Wednesday 8th June 2016 in the Village Hall, starting at 7.45 pm.
There are 2 vacancies for Parish Councillor. Please contact Linda Bragg, Parish Clerk on 07757 351584 / contact the Clerk for further details and an Application Form if you would like to join our team.